Sunday, September 20, 2009

In the beginning...

I never in a million years thought I would get into video gaming. My daughters are gamers, playing games like World of Warcraft online, Resident Evil 4 on the Wii, Dead Space on the Xbox, even games on the Super Nintendo! The only console I think we don't have is a PS3, but I am pretty sure we will have one eventually. I usually just sit back and watch them run their characters around and kill all the monsters, but one day they said "Hey mom come try this." I was pretty skeptical at first, I'm not the most coordinated when it comes to video games, but I sat down with an open mind and decided to give it a try. I think I died more than anyone else in the world on Resident Evil 4 for the Wii. Trying to kill the chainsaw guy while screaming and attempting to not throw the controller into the tv was definitely proving difficult. I see now why most guys might say girls can't game, because, if they are like me, they can't. With my daughters rolling all over the floor laughing at my inability to beat the chainsaw guy with Leon's shotgun, I finally handed the controller over to my oldest daughter, who beat it the first time around. I really look up to how well they can play, especially with how difficult some of the games can be. One day I will play as well as they do, it just takes practice. On a side note; in Resident Evil 4 for the Wii, you can avoid fighting the chainsaw guy if you just kill everyone in Pueblo Village first, and not enter the house with the cut-scene.

3 comments:

  1. I just started to play RE4 on the PC and I have found it very difficult to aim lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stick with World of Warcraft, alot better with all the live players on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I used to play Civ and Rise of nations. I burned out on first person shooters with DOOM. Now I'm so tired of it all I don't play any games at all. Are there any recommendations for games out there?

    ReplyDelete